21 February 2013, 00:00
Sydney's Premier Entertainment Destination, The Star takes delivery of a Traccess 170E from Platform Sales, Australian dealer of CTE, http://www.platformsales.com.au/
The Star consists of two hotels, penthouses, serviced apartments, over 20 restaurants, bars and cafe's as well as a luxury 16 room day spa.
The new rooftop events and entertainment centre is designed to host acts from around the world making the most of the stunning views of the harbour and city.
As part of an $870 million re-development, The Star also features a new upscale retail area, expansion and refurbishment of the casino floor and a new 300 bed hotel. It also features some of Sydney's important restaurants and nightclubs.
The Traccess 170E was chosen because of its Lithium power source. The platform has to be driven through hundreds of narrow corridors in the indoor spaces and trailing a power source or using a petrol driven engine was not an option.
The 17m working height is also perfect for reaching the ceilings in the new Events Centre which is capable of holding 4000 people.
Traccess 170E reaches 17 m of working height with an outreach of 7,5 m and a loading capacity of 200 kg throughout the entire working area. Is the most compact of its category and thanks to its small dimensions (78 cm of width and 1,99 m of height), Traccess 170E can cross the doors. Thanks to the “Z” shape of the boom, the machine has zero tailswing in all working position. This makes it ideal for working in confined spaces and on the streets.
The battery provides an autonomic working of about 5 hours. Once the work is finished, it is sufficient to charge the batteries for 8 hours (through the built-in battery charger).
As the whole line Traccess, even the Traccess 170E offers many advantages:
- all cables and hydraulic hoses inside the boom to avoid tearing or hindrance during work;
- 200 kg capacity in all its working area, without double capacities and load limiters;
- jib that allows you to get closer to the most difficult work points
- verticality during the descent and ascent that enable you, using a single control, to close and open the pantograph. Very useful when working on a wall, so you never have to carry out operations in order to work;
- height from the ground less than 2 meters to allow passage under the doors also with a width of 1 meter.
Have a look at our Traccess range video:
Source: Marketing Dept. CTE Spa