17 March 2015, 00:00
Newly released 145REOZT4 and 175REOZT4 offer more options for more applications
KOHLER Power Systems is adding two new models to its robust line of diesel-powered mobile generators. The new releases offer customizable options for most applications and feature unmatched quality, reliability and flexibility. The two new units – Kohler’s 145REOZT4 and 175REOZT4 diesel mobile generators – offer quiet and reliable operation while delivering dependable power wherever it’s needed. Built to withstand the elements and run long hours in prime and standby applications, the new generators meet all emissions standards.
“We’re pleased to announce these additions to our diesel mobile generator line, which are ideal power solutions for a wide variety of markets, including the event rental, construction, commercial and water utility sectors,” said Anne Feudner, product manager for Kohler Power Systems. “This extension reflects the strong industry response we’ve received to our existing mobile generators from those seeking ultimate dependability in combination with a high level of application flexibility.”
Flexibility in System Application
Kohler Power Systems offers mobile generators for any application from industrial power to public events. The company’s 145REOZT4 and 175REOZT4 are EPA-emission certified for non-road use and come equipped with a rugged DOT-certified trailer and durable enclosure. Both units utilize John Deere Tier 4 Final 6.8L engines that help lower operating costs with efficient performance and fuel savings.
Both the 145REOZT4 and 175REOZT4 generators offer a number of features to deliver straightforward operation and dependable performance in the field. These features include:
• A heavy-duty air cleaner with restriction indicator
• Fuel tanks sized for 24-hour runtime
• External emergency stop
• Stainless steel door latches and hinges
• 110 percent environmental containment for fuel, oil and coolant
• Two-way fuel valve to easily switch from onboard to external fuel source
• Three position selector switch
• Four types of convenience receptacles
• A cold weather package that includes block and battery heaters
• Easily removable housing with no external wiring to remove
• A convenient single-point lifting eye
The generators’ Tier 4 Final John Deere 6.8L engines meet the industry’s toughest emissions standards. The engines also offer enhanced fuel efficiency through an Integrated Emissions Control System, which features cooled EGR, exhaust filter and SRC, resulting in high power density, high torque and lower fuel consumption. The engines provide uninterrupted operation with passive regeneration, a natural exhaust cleaning process that does not impact power output.
Advanced Electrical and Voltage Features
Kohler offers a number of features with these two models that improve the electrical systems within the portable generators. Among them are: voltage configurations that offer a reconnectable or selector switch and standalone voltages; battery disconnect; and adjustable trip main-line circuit breaker. The 145REOZT4 is capable of a 130 kW standby rating, while the 175REOZT4 generator achieves a 154 kW standby rating.
Advanced Digital Controller
The Kohler Decision-Maker 3500 digital controller, featured on the 145REOZT4 and 175REOZT4 generators, provides user-friendly displays and keypad functions, plus advanced network communications for remote monitoring. Other features include:
• Parallel capable system with an easy-to-read 4.3-inch LED backlit color graphic LCD display
• Remote-start and remote-stop convenience
• Potted circuit board and sealed connectors to protect against environmental conditions
• Auto-sensors on the selector switch setting, eliminating the need to program voltage changes
• Voltage, current, frequency and power monitoring
• Analog inputs, warnings and faults monitoring
• EPA-required emissions data monitoring
The Kohler Difference
Kohler offers a number of support services that will give rental companies an edge on the competition, including a premium three-year limited warranty and Custom-Engineered Specials to design a mobile generator that fits every job perfectly. From custom paint and decals to receptacle connectors and fuel tank capacity, Kohler makes it easy to get exactly what a customer needs.
Kohler’s global service and support network, with more than 800 locations worldwide, provides aftermarket support services to guarantee the satisfaction of their diesel mobile generators and other products.
Source: Kohler Co.