13 January 2015, 00:00
Zebra Technologies Corporation is a global leader respected for innovation and reliability. Zebra offers an extensive range of asset-tracking technologies incorporating mobile computing, data capture, barcode, wireless LAN, RFID, location systems and ZatarTM, the cloud-based Internet of Things (IoT) platform. These technologies give life to the smart and connected enterprise by transforming the physical elements of a business into the digital. Zebra also designs and sells printing devices, including barcode, receipt, card, kiosk and RFID printers, which print variable information on demand and at the point of issuance.
The acquisition of the Enterprise division of Motorola has significantly expanded and strengthened Zebra’s product portfolio, geographic reach, go-to-market channels and industries served. The combined organization has about 20,000 channel partners in more than 100 countries, and approximately 4,300 U.S. and international patents issued and pending.
The combination of Zebra and Motorola Solutions’ Enterprise business is particularly relevant in Distribution & Logistics - whether the focus is on freight, direct store delivery, warehouse management, distribution centers, courier, express parcel and post. Zebra can offer customers the following benefits:
• Industry-leading data capture, mobile computing, specialty printing and asset tracking solutions and services
• Stronger combined platform with multiple growth opportunities
• New and comprehensive product, technology and IP portfolio
• Leading end-to-end solutions across the vertical with global reach
• Increased Research and Development – products developed, modified and enhanced based on feedback from customers, input from our partners and careful study of market trends.
One such example that we will be showcasing at LogiMAT is the new Symbol TC70 touch computer. This device enables employees on the front line of business to work more efficiently and better serve their customers. It is our most rugged, powerful enterprise mobile computer built on the Android operating system. Running the KitKat OS, the TC70 is easy to use like a smartphone, but tough enough to handle warehouse environments, mobile workforce, and industrial plant floors. See the product tour to learn more about the TC70 at http://bit.ly/tc70tour.