20 May 2014, 00:00
- Life capacity up to 9 tons
- New development based on off-road applications
The technological leader, ZF, has extended its well-proven axle models to system applications in the field of materials handling. The new MT-F 3000 model series starts with two axle types, MT-F 3065 and MT-F 3070, and offers technology specially tailored for the lift truck market. These new types of axle offer the highest reliability and performance capability for extremely demanding applications. Integration into the vehicle is simplified due to the compact size of these axles.
The new axle systems use the well-proven, rugged driveline components found in off-road applications. The optimized axle structures are inherently suited to extreme conditions. The service brake is a high-performance, wet multi-disc brake. Very high stability and service life are achieved by active, integral oil cooling. A SAHR parking brake is also integrated. The axle is available with different rim hole patterns for solid and pneumatic tires in single or double configurations.
Together with the ZF ERGOPOWER "S" – 2/3 WG 94 – an optimally matched driveline system is available for Class IV and Class V vehicles in this performance category.
The high power-weight ratio as well as other design features of the new axle represents an active contribution to the conservation of resources. For example, the reduction of power loss, i.e. an increase in efficiency, was also an important objective in defining the design concept. The megatrend, fuel saving, has been taken into account as an important design goal with many detailed measures.
Advantages of the ZF axle technology:
- Use of well-proven driveline components from off-road applications.
- Lower power losses and therefore lower fuel consumption
- A common oil supply in the transmission/axle system ensures effective oil cooling and therefore also a balanced low temperature in the whole driveline.
- Together with the optimized oil supply between the axle central section, brake and axle housing, this leads to a homogeneous temperature level and, with the low temperature level, to longer oil-change intervals.
- Negative SAHR parking brake which is suitable for integration into the drive management system and for automatic activation.
- Due to the modular design, individual adaptation to the vehicle frame, mast bearing and track width is decisively facilitated via the axle housing.
Source: ZF Friedrichshafen AG